Las Vegas Courthouse
las vegas courthouse
las vegas courthouse
1600x1200
 
las vegas courthouse
1024x768
 
las vegas courthouse
200x150
 

 

Las Vegas Courthouse

 

The Las Vegas Post Office and Courthouse is a remarkably designed neo-classical building in Las Vegas, Nevada. It holds address a 300 E. Stewart Avenue. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places on February 10, 1983.

The construction for the building began in 1931 and ended two years later in 1933. The government building officially opened on November 27, 1933.

The Las Vegas Post Office and Courthouse was designed by architect James A. Wetmore. Wetmore

was also involved in the design of other courthouses in the country including the Joel W. Solomon Federal Building and Courthouse in Chattanooga which was built in 1933; the L. Clure Morton U. S.

Post Office & Courthouse in Cookeville, Tennessee which was built in 1916; and the Ed Jones Federal Building & Courthouse in Jackson, Tennessee which was built in 1932. Wetmore was assisted by Oscar Wenderoth, also a notable architect, in designing the L. Clure Morton U. S. Post Office & Courthouse.

In 2002, control of the Las Vegas Post Office and Courthouse was turned over to the city. It now functions as a museum and cultural center, which continues to attracts tourists and sightseers from all over the world.

 
2013 Las Vegas Pictures